James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress."
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!



Each year is always a little different as the kids have grown older, and I have learned to just go with the flow and be very flexible! I have also learned to have little expectations and do everything myself and then I am not as frustrated, upset, or disappointed. Because both kids now have jobs and were off of school on Wednesday-Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday, I just planned on doing all the cooking.  It was so much better than planning on their help and then being upset when they didn't want to eagerly participate. We had my parents over for dinner on Thanksgiving evening after both kids got off of work and enjoyed our time together. We made a big turkey and had all the traditional favorites of mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, spinach casserole, and seafoam salad. My mom made the stuffing and mashed potatoes and everything was delicious. We celebrated my dad's 75th birthday together after dinner over pumpkin pie!



No comments:

Post a Comment